Saturday, June 28, 2014

Free Post 3: Concerts!

Hi everyone!

Once I told you that I really love music, I enjoy listen to my favourite bands on the radio, but watch them playing on a stage a few feet where you stand, is just amazing! My first concert was Fenix Festival on 2007, there played The Killers, my favourite band on that time, and since then I promised to myself, at least once a year, go to some concert in Santiago.

Keep that promise it has been very dificult, the reason: the prices. Although Chile became a popular place to produce this kind of events, the prices are completely insane! "Cancha Vip" is probably one of the most stupid and abusive concept ever made, and seems to be a complete sacrifice to see your favourite band playing the song that you have been listening to since highschool. So, working hard and saving money in cofee jars and piggy banks, it was possible go to many concerts and festivals like Maquinaria and Lollapalooza, most of them in company of friends.

Probably one of my favourite moments is when you are waiting for the band, and 5 minutes before the show starts, you can feel the anxiety on the air, you're waiting along with hundred of people that love the music as much as you do, and when the lights go out, you now that all the sacrifice you made, completely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment