Monday, September 29, 2014

Green life

I'm not consider myself a green person, I'm not very connected to nature, but still try to make efforts that can change a little bit the situation that we live today in our planet. When I was a child, I lived in a house that had a very large backyard, so we used to made compost with the organic garbage, like tomato peels or leaves, in order to fertilize our plants. Now, on my current house, we don't make compost because is a smaller space, but try to separate our garbage when is necessary.

Another thing that I started to do time ago is dump the kitchen oil in plastic bottles after we make fried food, because dump it to the water is bad and very complicated to process. In some places you can sell that oil and then it is used as green fuel.Also, when we have things that we don't use anymore, but are still in good condition, we gave it to another people, so they see if can fix it or sell it.

Probably the biggest contribution that I can do is recycle. Before I enter to the career, I didn't have much conscience that everything have a second life, but then working in theater projects I realized that nothing is disposable when you have to build an scenography or a costume! So you can save the planet and your pocket recycling materials of an old model, like paper or cartons.

5 comments:

  1. recycling is a great solution for us! I think is very good all the little things you do. My sister who lives in San bernardo told me that every month one truck comes to ask for bottles with oil and pay you some money, I dont belive her until I see the truck jaja

    ReplyDelete
  2. great style whit the recicled materials in the costumes, the plastic recycled is very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traperos de Emaus is the style of recycling in the theatre! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. recycle is the solution for the problems of cities like this!!

    ReplyDelete